Committed To Reaching Forrest CIty & Beyond With The Gospel
1. What does First Baptist Church believe? We hold dear to the following beliefs: God – we believe that there is only one living, true God and the He exists in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Jesus – we believe that Jesus is the Son of God who was born of a virgin, is wholly God and was wholly man while He was on earth. We also believe that Jesus lived a sinless life, died in our place on the cross as a sacrifice for the sins of all people, buried and arose bodily from the grave and ascended into Heaven. Christ’s Return – We believe that Jesus Christ will return to earth literally. Holy Spirit – we believe that God the Holy Spirit is active in convincing unbelievers of their need for salvation, and is the Comforter and Guide who lives in every believer. Bible – we believe that the Bible is the Word of God without any error, the sole authority for life and faith. Man – we believe that man is a special creation of God, made in His image, but that through the sin of the first man Adam, man fell so that all men are sinners and need salvation. Salvation – we believe that salvation is a free gift received through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Assurance – we believe that every person who is truly saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. What Time Do I Need To Arrive? We recommend that you arrive 10 to 15 minutes before the event that you are attending. This will allow you to find a good parking space as well as good seating. Bible Study begins at 9:30 a.m. followed by our Morning Worship Service at 10:45 a.m. On Sunday evenings we offer our traditional style worship service which meets in our sanctuary building at 6:00 p.m. or our contemporary style worship service which meets in our student ministry building which is directly across the street from our sanctuary building. On Wednesday evenings our Bible Study and Prayer Time begins at 6:30 p.m. in our sanctuary building. Our student ministry Bible Study begins at 6:30 p.m. in our student ministry building.
3. How do I need to dress? At First Baptist Church you are always welcome just as you are. Some of our members will have on a coat and tie, others will wear jeans and t-shirt, dress or slacks. Worshiping our Lord and Savior and fellowship with other believers is much more important than appearance. God looks at the heart and attitude.
4. What about my children? At First Baptist Church, children are very important to us. We have special programs designed just for children with very caring teachers who want to show Jesus’ love to your children. A nursery is available during all services for children age one to three.
5. Where do I sit? Wherever you feel comfortable in our sanctuary whether it is the front row on the main floor or anywhere else up to the back row of the balcony. Our ushers will be happy to help you, should you have difficulty finding a seat.
6. I am in a wheelchair. Where do I go? There are designated wheelchair access located on the Northwest side of our sanctuary building just off the main North parking lot. Our ushers will be happy to help you with locating seating for yourself and anyone accompanying you.
7. I have difficulty hearing. How can I be sure that I will be able to hear while in your services? We have hearing devices available for anyone wishing to use one during our services. Our ushers will be happy to help you with a hearing device if you want to use one.
8. What style of music can I expect to hear? We use a mixture of styles of music ranging from favorite hymns to contemporary worship music.
9. What version or translation of the Bible do you use? Our pastor preaches from the King James version. We welcome any version of the Bible that holds true to God’s Word.
10. How long is your worship services? Normally our worship services are about one hour in length. It is not our intention to interfere with God’s moving during the service so we ask that if our services should go longer than an hour that you patiently wait and stay in the spirit of prayer.
11. How can I get involved in small groups? By attending our Sunday School classes. There is a Sunday School class where you will be with believers around your age and stage of life that your are. You will enjoy fellowships and accountability while you build relationships that will last for eternity.
12. What does First Baptist Church have to offer my family and I? There is something for you and every member of your family here at First Baptist Church. From preschoolers to senior adults you will find small groups, special events and more designed specifically for you. At First Baptist Church you can get involved in music recreation, community outreach, missions, evangelism, special events throughout the year and more.
13. How can I serve others? At First Baptist Church it is our wish to reach out to our community, our nation and our world with God’s love. When we are able to meet the practical needs of those around us, showing them that we love them and care for them, it opens doors for sharing the Gospel. God has given each Christian specific talents and unique abilities and you will find opportunities to use your talents and abilities for the glory of God. It could be working on a team that assists during and after disaster situations, singing in the choir, playing a musical instrument in our praise band, welcoming guests, serving on a mission project or much more.
14. How can I get more information about First Baptist Church? Browse our website, call the church office or complete our online information request form to obtain information by mail.